On love because I am loved.
I am loved.
Isaiah 43v4 “Because you are precious in my eyes, and honored, and I love you,”
Song of Solomon 6v2 “I am my beloved’s, and my beloved is mine”
Known before I was born.
“Jeremiah 1v5 “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.”
It is because of this love, that I have been given, that I in turn should love my enemies.
Because I get it wrong, yet I’m still loved, so I love those who wrong me.
I am loved with all my faults, doubts and inconsistencies, so it’s only right that I extend the same grace to others around me.
It’s quite simple really. No caveats or exclusions.
Unlike the servant who on having his debts forgiven did not forgive the little that was owed to him we need to remember the love and grace that has been offered to us.
And what an effect this love can have! Maybe it will turn enemies into followers of God, into friends and allies. maybe not. That doesn’t change our behaviour- we simply love others because we were loved first.
- Todi Adu – Love is War, War in Love
- Todi Adu – Love is Your Weapon; Fight for Love
- Carol Kuniholm – Circles of Love
- K. W. Leslie – Love Your Enemies
- Doreen A Mannion – Easy to Love
- Liz Dyer – Uncomfortable Love
- Mike Donahoe – Love Your Enemies Really
- EmKay Anderson – On Loving While Angry
- Glenn Hager – The Opposite of Love is Not Hate
- Josie Anna – On Love Because I am Loved
- Edwin Aldrich – Loving All of Our Neighbors
- Jeremy Myers – How do you heap burning coals on the heads of your enemies?